Today I finished up the copper interconnects on the spot welder. It came out great. Such a tight fit. Mechanically very stout and it looks great. I fired it up and attached my scope to it. The cap and fet output pulses were cleaner than the ones on Fritz’s site. But his is a year old.

I finally figured out a way to mount the lcd. It will hang from the upper front frame with these delrin blocks. It will look great not having a cutout and screw heads sticking out the front of the bezel. I wish I could get a darker bezel to better hide the interior. I’ll have to hunt online for some. Tap plastics only that #54. It was the darkest they had. So tomorrow I will mount the lcd and cnc the bezel. The probe materials need machining to turn them into probes too.

Today was about getting all of the high current hardware machined, taped, bent, and installed. Had to make a couple of delrin spacers to help anchor the bus bars to the chassis. The cap negative cable needs to be large gauge. So I have to find out which has the higher cross sectional area. One #2ga or a pair of #6 or #8ga cables. My 6, 8ga cables are very flexible and will be easier to mount. Turns out it will take 3 6ga cables to best one 2ga cable.

The first bezel was cut so oversize and it turns out that it was difficult to modify on the mill. So I bought 2 more bezels rough cut far closer to the correct dimensions. I’ll machine them tomorrow and test fit them.

« Previous PageNext Page »