BMS


Here is the Thundersky BMs slave boards freshly mounted to the cells and about to be remounted into the truck. The BMS master board and LCD will be installed at a later date.

Here is the Thundersky BMS slave boards freshly mounted to the cells and about to be remounted into the truck. The BMS master board and LCD will be installed at a later date.

The video chip did finally arrive thanks to Peter getting involved. Here are 3 of the BMS modules running on top  of 3 Thundersky 40ah cells. Everything works fine. I just need to make a couple lengths of wire to connect the communication lines from one board to another, then install them and the master board into the truck.

The video chip did finally arrive thanks to Peter getting involved. Here are 3 of the BMS modules running on top of 3 Thundersky 40ah cells. Everything works fine. I just need to make a couple lengths of wire to connect the communication lines from one board to another, then install them and the master board into the truck.

50ah HiPower lithium cells from China are now on their way. I want to bench test them and install them into the truck just like with the Thundersky’s.

The only part I’m waiting for is the video output chip. It should be
here in the next week. Then it will be time to bench test everything,
then install it in the truck.

So far the Thundersky’s are still doing fine. I’ll know more when I
get the BMS installed and can monitor the voltage of the cells under load.

There are now two temp sensors in the pack. One on the center
Thundersky cell and one on the nicads. This will allow for a thermal
comparison while under load.

The BMS boards for these Thundersky cells are now built and
programmed. I found a software bug that needs some more exploration.
The software is easy to tweak so it can be dialed in to any
differences between brands of Lithium cells and/or drivetrain/charger
setups. The only hold up is that some parts for the master board have
not arrived nor has the LCD. Testing as a complete system will
hopefully happen by the end of the week.

This system seems like it could be made to work with lead acid. The
3.5″ LCD gives a lot of info.

The UK boards arrived today. The parts will get ordered soon. The 3
Thundersky cells are installed and running in the pack.

Peter in the UK has a running Lithium BMS. It uses a slave board on
each cell and a master board. He uses an LCD to communicate with them.
Peter has been doing this awhile.

I’ve ordered slave and master boards that I will populate with parts
and get the software loaded into each board.

This looks very promising. I suspect it could also be used with lead
acid with just code changes.

It’s simple to install.

« Previous Page