Robogames last meeting.
Going to Brazil July 23-30.
- Combat Robotics contest.
- Maybe sight seeing.
- Got my shots.
Testing truck for difference is processor operation.
- Taking scope shots of charger fet pwm.
- Chris shooting his mouth off again.
Recurved temperature gauge so it actually moves upward when it gets warm.
- Always sits near zero.
- Can’t tell if there is any temerature change.
- Now the needle will swing 1/4″ for each temp change.
USE member making a new software interface for the Dolphin using Labview.
- Could disable a vehicle easily with a rookie owner.
Shipped last Dolphin board for the summer!! So the to do list looks like this:
- Make A123 Lithium module. All meterials in house. How to connect copper plate to 10mm copper stud???
- Bought another A123 Dewalt pack from Ebay. Slow shipping. Need one more to make 2 modules.
- make/find BMS for same. Could use Richard Hatfield’s BMS.
- Install A/C.
- Install Thundersky lithiums.
- Install Richard Hatfield’s BMS for Thundersky’s.
- write BMS talk for SVEAA Oct/Nov time frame.
Nicad Pack just hit 10k miles!!
Figured out that the Bar Graph BMS display will fit nicely in a machined rectangle in the dash gauge cluster.
- Machining of cluster face and lexan backing is easy due to being flat.
- Plenty of room behind cluster face for LCD mounting and cable interface.
- cables will leave cluster through slot machined in open area in back of cluster.
- Some software and hardware changes to make it universal for all USE owners.
- Only handles 18 batteries right now.
- Tim’s design will work, as designed, in my truck, but not in other owners vehicles.
Watched prices of Honda Insights on Ebay.
- 35k-45k miles = $16k-18k.
- >100k miles = $11k-12k.
- Some with Salvage titles.
- Santa Cruz Insight has a new battery but only a 12k warranty due to salvage title.
- Appears that salvage title kills battery warranty.
_ Do Insight batteries use welded tabs? compression? Soldering?