Posted by Administrator under Bosch VE Pump
, SolenoidNo Comments
Using an earplug to keep dirt out of the empty bore.
Marking the solenoid to make sure I don’t over tighten it when it goes back in. The mark I made lines up with the parting line of the casting.
It took a 15/16″ wrench to take it out. I didn’t have any metric wrenches this large. It fit perfectly.
I know these head bolts are tight, but c’mon!! The end of the torx bit snapped off flush with the head.
Do I need to even comment on the tool quality here !!!!!! A magnet pulled out the broken torx tip. The shorter bit got the bolts loose just fine!!